Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Sunday 5 October 2014

Boat Jumble

I went down to the Autumn boat jumble at Royal Victoria Park in Netley Abbey today.

I wasn't going to go, but I woke up early, watched the Japanese Grand Prix and as it was sunny and I had time, I nipped down there.

There were a lot of stalls, but as I'm now looking for specific items, I didn't find much to spend my money on. I got 70ft of 8mm braided rope for less than a tenner and that was it.

Even though it was the end of the season, a lot of stalls were selling stuff dearer than you can get it on eBay, so I wasn't tempted. I got the rope from a stall I got my previous rope from. They tend to be cheaper than anyone else there but its still decent quality rope.

I was on the lookout for a small hatch to fit in the front of Sprite, but they are way to expensive. Even old, old portholes are past my budget. I'll keep looking for a cheap one.


No comments:

Post a Comment