Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Bye Bye Buoy

Yes, I've "lost" yet another mooring buoy. Less than a month after I fitted the last one with 8mm chain and a padlock, it has been nicked.

Bloody expensive things they are. So I've replaced it with my trusty old fender-as-mooring-buoy.

Fitted with chain and shackles and seizing wire.




Just as a stopgap.

In the meantime, if anyone sees a large orange mooring buoy with Sprite II or E032 on it at any of the boat jumbles, please let me know.

It's times like these the bikini-clad Caribbean sailor on Patreon turn to their patrons with puppy-dog eyes and suddenly replacement parts turn up in the post...

I'd try it, but I look hideous in a bikini....

3 comments:

  1. You have to wonder what these aquatic tea leaves are thinking or probably they are not, willful vandalism.

    re Patreon - you could always ask people to fund you not to wear a bikini:O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only thought they have is it'll earn them a tenner at the next boat jumble. After all, it's not like they can use the thing in the same harbour.

    I like the Patreon non-bikini idea, but the obvious way to avoid my bikini-clad bod is to not look at the blog.

    The sad thing is it sort of sours the relationship with the boat. But it would be the same if it were a classic car or a motorcycle, there's always someone that wants to nick bits.

    I suppose I should be thankful it's just the buoys and not the whole boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boat is moored just the other side of Langstone and recently had the boat hook and one of my two mooring line shackles pinched. I know who does it, I think you do too, they've been at it for years in the harbour but it's the price you pay for a cheap mooring. I never had anything taken when moored near Emsworth in Chichester Harbour.

    ReplyDelete