Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Monday 21 December 2020

Improved Cover

 No not insurance...

This is the new tarpaulin that I fitted this year. It covers a lot more of the cockpit and doesn't have gaps this time, so I shouldn't get birds nesting or dropping bits of other birds under it.

However, when I attended the boat this weekend the cvover had sagged and created two small swimming pools in the cockpit. The ever-present damp had also caused issues in the cabin.

Luckily I had already anticipated this and took with me some old fibreglass tent poles.

A bit of gaffer tape and two poles later:





It's very blue under there, but at least now I have sitting headroom and it should shed the water.

I can do some cockpit locker maintenance over the winter. Let's see how dry the cabin stays. I don't hold out much hope, I suspect the deck fittings are starting to leak and require rebedding.

Ah well, more work...

But at least I'll be dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment