Last week Jims boat broke its mooring. It let loose and all that stopped it drifting away was the chain dragging on the mud.
I went down last Monday after work and Jim was struggling. I didn't have my oars with me so couldn't get out to Sprite and help drag Jims boat back. I wish I had because in the end later that evening his boat had drifted so much it had to be rescued by the RNLI.
So this weekend just gone I started helping him make a new mooring block. I've scrounged a couple of tyres and a plywood sheet. Enough to fill with concrete. All I need to scrounge is some steel bar to make the mooring ring to set in the concrete. Not bad for nothing.
He also needs new chain as his seems to be pretty much shot. Most likely why it parted in the first place. That might be a bit more expensive.
I've also got his engine at home because it wouldn't work , hence why he couldn't recover his boat on its own.
I'll be busy then. :-)