Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Monday 23 December 2019

It's Been a While...

Wow, September since I posted something.

Lest assured I have been on the boat, it's just that life is getting in the way. The cover is on for winter, although I have a bigger cover in the boot of the car ready to fit at some point. But it's a really boring post if all I say is that I've put the cover on for winter. The bigger cover is a cheap eBay one that may last the winter and afford me a covered cockpit with more than kneeling space.

A little windfall I had this month will hopefully allow me to buy a chunk of hardwood that I can use for the mast beam. Also money for the window rubbers, if I can find someone to tell me what size rubber I need. Fingers crossed.

When I'll get round to doing it is anyone's guess. I have work stacked up elsewhere that I need to attend to, with not a lot of time available to do it all.

We'll see I suppose, as the New Year unfolds.

As it is, I'm rushing around over Christmas. As I do most of the time it seems.

It's pretty clear that the goal I had for getting the boat in a yard or Marina on the hard is totally out of reach. The plan will have to be beach-based. Certainly I can lower the mast and sort out the mast beam on the beach. I don't know whether it's realistic to think about anti-fouling, not if the boat gets wet between tides.

Roll on 2020. I'll have had the boat 7 years next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment