Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Monday 6 April 2020

COVID-19 Look at that weather!

It seems like while we're all banged up on what feels like house arrest, the big fella upstairs has decided to pull another funny one and decided the weather should be gorgeous fettling/sailing weather.

All us sailors can only gaze up at the cloudless skies and feel the mild breeze and wonder if our wives and partners would have given us the time to go fettling or sailing. ;-)

I must get round to sorting last year's expenses. The first of this year's has already popped up: £143 for mooring fees. No dispensation for COVID-19 when it comes to fees then...

Went delivering food into Pompey on Saturday and as I was there took a wide route home and drove by the boat (no stopping, no contact with anyone else). All is good at the moment.

Maybe single-handed sailing comes under exercise? I can do an hour up and down Langstone harbour. And dragging the dinghy up the beach is more exercise.

But instead of boaty stuff I'm relegated to garden duty and car washing.


1 comment:

  1. I do a sneaky check on Sparrow on my way back from shopping too.. :D

    ReplyDelete