Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Thursday 7 October 2021

Onward...

 Okay, not much work done on the boat after being on Holiday, then up North and generally not being around at weekends.

But I have been busy boat-wise. A quick visit the other week shows that there is water in the bilges again. The nappies were overwhelmed. 

So I've dug out an old bilge pump from the shed and I've bought some wire and a length of hose. I'm going to use it as a portable powered bilge pump. 

I'm also electrifying the fresh water supply. I've bought a used tap, a pump and some hose. That's a step towards having a larger water tank (eventually).

I've also bough a cheap horn. No idea what it'll be like, but hey, as long as it makes a noise and I can finish the wiring... hopefully job done there soon too. 

At some point all the small jobs will be done and I'll have to attend to the big stuff... Windows and mast beam <gulp>.

UPDATE:

All the parts have arrived, ready for fitting. The Horn is huge. Sprite II will be punching above in the noise-making dept. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment