Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Friday 25 October 2013

Weather Warning

This evening the news is full of the impending storm that will hit the UK on Sunday or Monday.

Predicted wind strength is up to 90 mph so yours truly will be on the boat on Saturday making sure that Sprite 2 has the best chance of riding out the storm. I'll be working on securing the mooring a bit better and probably lashing the chain down to the bow roller so there's no chance it can jump off and saw its way through the fibreglass.

I may also tie a bucket to the stern to try and slow down the snatching the boat does in high winds.

Then its just a case of leaving it to ride things out knowing I've done my best to help it survive unscathed.

I'll still be nervous though.

No comments:

Post a Comment