Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Lack of Boatyness

I've not been on the boat for the past week, the tide times have been all wrong and the weather has been rubbish. Plus my car has decided it's been unappreciated over the past year and has started playing up, so I've been giving it some attention.

I still haven't got my winch spares yet but I did have an email update to say the supplier only had one set in stock (I need two obviously) and they were awaiting delivery of another kit from Barton.

So brownie points to www.seapost.co.uk for keeping me up to date. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the spares, but I'm in no hurry as I'm not looking forward to the task of cutting the bolts holding the winch base in place.

Hopefully I can take advantage of this weekend's spring tides and spend some quality time on Sprite sorting things out. I'll know more once the weather forecasts firm up. Currently the forecast looks horrible: rain and 21 knot winds on Saturday, Overcast and lighter winds on Sunday.

I may be waiting a while longer to get on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment