Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Friday 20 October 2017

Batten Down the Hatches, Brian's a comin'!

The first winter storm to really hit the South Coast is due to arrive this weekend.

The winds are due to peak tomorrow just when high tide is due in Portsmouth. Just about the worst time. On a mud mooring half the time it's okay because the boat is stuck in the mud and doesn't go anywhere. At high tide it's a different story altogether.

I shall be down there checking on the boats tomorrow.

I hope everyone has checked their mooring strops recently for chafe and renewed them if necessary. It's so sad seeing what was a perfect boat beached and holed.

Stay Safe everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Steve, I'd love to drag Sprite out this winter, I've so much to be doing on her. My plan is to ask (beg) everyone for money this Christmas and then use it to get her hauled out and into the Marina for a week in the new year so I can crack on and get the windows and antifouling done. Maybe get the keel shoe fitted too. If I had a whole winter then I could fit the hatch I bought a year ago and drop the mast and replace the saggy mast beam. So many jobs... so little cash. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and so little time.... bring on retirement....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My plan is to get Sprite to a state that doesn't need any work during retirement other than the mildest of fettling. That way I can enjoy the sailing. I have a suspicion that I'll have even less money after I retire. That's if I actually reach the shifting goal-posts that constitute retirement age these days.

    ReplyDelete