Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Friday 31 July 2020

Fingers Crossed....

I should hopefully be able to get on the boat tomorrow!

The wife is working, so there are no shopping expeditions on the horizon, so I should be free and clear.

I have a rear LED Nav Light to fix in place and wire to finalise the hull nav lights. The mast lights will have to wait their turn.

If I have time, I may wire in the external socket for the horn too. Then all I have to do is mount the horn on the cabin top somewhere.

In other exciting news, I have a large lump of oak it the outhouse, drying. I found a place on eBay that will deliver an oak sleeper including delivery for 30 Quid. A 2.4m sleeper will be more than enough to make a mast beam. I can cock it up and have enough wood to make another if I have to. 

I also have stainless nuts to replace the ones missing off the outboard bracket. I'll fit those too.

A flask of coffee and some sandwiches for lunch will be in the bag too.

Let's hope parking isn't a nightmare.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck.... was going to do the same on mine yesterday but the roads to Hayling bridge were gridlocked from about 5 miles out in practically all directions... ate my sandwiches in the car and went home.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard on the Radio that Hayling was gridlocked. Lucky for me High tide was early enough I could get down to Eastney and find a parking space. I've got a tray of doughnuts for my son, he lives on Hayling and he'll have to wait until Monday to get them.
    I'm still building up strength at the moment, even simple things just tire me out currently. So it took two days to fit a socket and wire up the nav light. But it got fitted. Yet another step forward, however small. lol.
    Hope the sandwiches weren't affected by the heat!

    ReplyDelete