Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Friday 31 January 2014

App Time (Number 3 of a Series)

Today's app is another web site I couldn't do without: www.findafishingboat.com Not because I need a fishing boat, but because it has really good links to weather sites, including free synoptic weather charts, giving predictions for the coming few days. If you know what you're looking for then you can have a go at predicting the weather and seeing if you or the weatherman get it right.

Check out the weather/tides link



So far I've been pretty accurate but then again I only predict up to 48 hours in advance.

I  usually have a check Thursday and Friday so I can see what the weekend weather will be like.

By the way CHIMET is back! Currently only the wind sensors are working, but that's a start. Kudos to the guys running it, its probably been no fun replacing bits out on the bar beacon in the rubbish weather we've been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment