Yesterday I scraped the weed and barnacles off the bottom of the boat. It was pretty badly encrusted after a few years without maintenance. I attacked it first with a stiff brush, but then found the only thing that would shift it was a garden hoe.
I took a picture of the keel when I'd scraped half the encrustation off. The whole hull under the waterline was just as bad.
After the under waterline hull was sorted, I cleaned the hull above water. So now it looks a bit better. I put it on the beach at 9am and then refloated at 7:30 at night. By the time I came off the boat it was 8:30. A long day.
Then I did it all over again today on Jim's boat...