First I had to sort the burst stitches on the boat. This is where the speedy stitcher really comes into its own: stitching in-situ.
This is the stitching that burst. I needed to make sure the seam was closed up before putting any strain on the sail otherwise the burst might have extended.
Then 20 minutes of stitching later the gap is closed...
I just ran half a dozen new stitches back over the end and then on the final stitch, pusher the needle through and the pulled some thread through so both threads were on the same side. I then tied the ends together, job done.
Looking at the pictures reminded me I fitted new grommets on the sail too, a few weeks ago. The old brass ones had corroded badly.
Once done, I went sailing!