Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Friday 30 December 2016

Happy New Year

Well everyone, I can end the suspense and let you know what the wife bought me for the boat.

It was a 20 inch LED TV with integrated DVD and it runs off 12v too! I hope I didn't sound unappreciative when I said I'll need a bigger boat to house it......

But I'll need a bigger boat to house it. :-) Not my fault, I was forced into it, etc. etc.

So, entertainment on the boat is sorted. I just won't take it on board unless I'm going to go cruising. Being a pretty standard TV I doubt it will survive in the damp salty conditions. But it's handy to have when I need it.

And it's brilliant excuse to get a bigger boat! :-)

Although I have a sneaking suspicion that it's actually a ploy by the wife to get me out so she can gain control of the remote on the TV back at home...

While cruising the shops on Wednesday I picked up these nice nautical-themed ceramic mugs in the sale:


If you can find them they are currently on offer in Sainbury's at £4.99 for the set of 4.

I transferred the mugs to the boat yesterday. While I was there I did some measuring and also brought the wood home for the VHF hutch. It's about time I got my act in gear and got it sorted along with the port side locker top and a few other jobs I haven't been arsed to do.

I guess the lack of decent weather when I've been able to take advantage has been a bit of a downer and lowered my enthusiasm level a bit.

Add to the list fitting a 12v socket in the front cabin so I can run the TV in there.

And a bracket.... not sure how or where the mounting bracket is going to go in such a small boat, I don't have enough wall space. ;-)

As per the title, Happy New Year Everyone, I hope 2017 offers a better sailing season. Plus the days get a minute longer every day. Roll on the summer!

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year and all the best for 2017 (Mugs look just the size to hold a decent cup of sailors tea).

    ReplyDelete