Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Friday 30 August 2013

Aground

I went to see the boat today when the tide is on its way out.
My boat is marked with the red arrow. As you can see it takes the typical stern down position when aground. I think this is a peculiarity to Mk1 Seawyches because looking at later boats the keels seem to be modified so the boat sits more level.

Anyway you can see that I placed my mooring just on the edge of a mud flat. Bad news for getting off as early as Jim (the boat just above the red hulled cruiser) but good in that I won't be stuck at some wierd angle on the slope.

You can see that the weight has already sunk down one tyres worth, so I just need to bury it another 9 inches or so to completely bury it.

No comments:

Post a Comment