Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Sunday 25 August 2013

The Mooring

I've spent the past few days getting together the bits for the mooring. Yesterday I got a Van wheel for a tenner, which will give me the basis for attaching my chain inside my concrete block.

The chain, shackles and swivels I hope to get at today's Boat Jumble at Fort Purbrook. We'll see how that goes.

The mooring bits so far: £10 truck tyre and free buoy.

Jim tried his engine yesterday and is amazed at how quiet it sounds and how smooth it runs. Plus the gears work. Nice to know I can still work my magic on things mechanical. Its amazing the difference just a good service and tightening all the bolts can make.

I might put the boat on the beach this afternoon so I can crack on with the mud weight ready for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment