Making the Most of a Minimal Budget. Contact me at: skintsailor@yahoo.co.uk or on Twitter: @skintsailor

Monday 7 December 2015

Three Weeks and Counting.

So far its been three weeks since I got on board Sprite 2. This weekend just gone the tides were very early or very late, the weekend before the weather was bad and I was on a course (something myself and the wife are working towards) and the week before I was babysitting.

Fingers crossed that the weather changes for next weekend and I can get on board.

Not much to report really on dry land. I'm currently searching for bits and bobs to improve things next year.

A smaller, flatter main sail would be good, a less tatty jib/genoa would be nice too. The eBay searches are in place ready for the bargains to appear. I actually missed out on a couple of mainsails that would have done last week, but they went while I was at work.

Sails are a priority really as they improve the sailing experience. Given the amount of time I've spent trying to get the main to work properly, its about time I sideways and had a play with another sail to check on the difference.

The jib is different. The strip at the edge is a bit frayed, but I do have some blue sail material to make a UV strip to replace it with. That's a job for the winter season.

I also need to remake the locker tops with marine ply. If I have any plywood left I have an idea to rehouse the vhf radio.

So the winter jobs are starting to firm up. Whether I get the time is something else. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment